Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Fight For Imaginary Mom?

Fight For Imaginary Mom?

A woman's mother wants her daughter to get-back-up after being knock'da down.
She, the little girl, watch'da her mother not recover after getting knock'da down. She becomes somewhat a success, more independent and healthy honestly, than successful. She continues to spend time with a guy for reasons unknown, she admits she is attracted to him, she calls him cute. Complications occur when the boyfriend wants her to meet his 3 children.

He may have replace'da her mother, I think, her independent side seems to draw on her father for strength. He wants Mary to believe that his children are NOT trash.

Mary's ideas are confusing. Mary is confusing, unless the audience watches these people together, they are like separate pieces of a puzzle that fit-together.  I respect this part, my concerns: excessive drinking, and the part of this show where Mary's mother seems false (a hallucination?). I also have a hard time understanding his son when I accept Mary's independent side, his son seems to need for her to change. She does seem worse than the children's mother, their parent who is needed for balance, yet, I like Mary, although I think she fights for her mother.

Question: Is her boyfriend's mother cheering her on? What if the hallucination sounds like her boyfriend's mother, yet is some aspect of her boyfriend? I had already associated her 'dream-of-support' with her boyfriend, who sounds like her friend. Why not her boyfriend's mother encouraging her? Why not? Probably because the imaginary friend seems confused around her boyfriend. Whose voice is the mothers? I am confuse'da, I think her partner will fill us in.

So far, I think Mary's loneliness is the bigger problem, not her imaginary friend / hallucination.

I like Mary's partner because she does, and they fit. Oddly enough, at first, I wanted the two to stop seeing each other. I associated her returning hallucinations with her boyfriend, and their returning drug habits.

About habits...
I have ask'da myself...are books my shield? Are books fill'da with reassuring silent support? I answer yes, sometimes. They (Writers) can inspire and validate, they affirm our beliefs and re-affirm what we value (as women and men).

The rest of the show is about Mary sharing her boyfriend's world.


Spin: Queen and The Awesome Luzahs: My realistic comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment